Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Eight and a half months (almost)

It is just amazing watching the small, human type creature that is my daughter go through yet another major leap in her development. In the last three weeks she has mastered the art of sitting up, babbling, eating chewy things like toast, blowing puckery type kisses and...sucking her toes.

Her favourite words to babble are dada, baba, blah blah and hello (you would swear that is what she is saying). Everytime I ask her to say mama she just blows raspberries- thanks to loads of encouragement from her father!

Our little miss is very amused by her jolly jumper, and is such a poser whenever a camera is pulled out that I am beginning to think I have a future supermodel on my hands.

It can't be long until we hit the crawling stage now, there seems to be a certain degree of frustration in that department because the connection has not been made between sitting up and flopping onto one's tummy and moving forward. If only my little cheeky monkey would stop rolling over every time that I put her down on her tummy she might just figure this out. I guess it doesn't help that her mum picks her up everytime she falls from a sitting position...

Cause and effect have been mastered. If I cry, just a little bit, mummy rescues me. Every. Single. Time.

This is a lovely age.