Thursday, October 13, 2005

WWM

For those of you who aren't familiar with the acronym, WWM stands for World's Worst Mother. I think I may be in the running for this rather dubious honour.

Last night, my little cherub woke up crying at around 10pm. As we have just recently dropped the 10 pm dreamfeed, I decided to resettle her. Into her room I go to give her a dummy and a reassuring pat. I think I catch a whiff of poo, but my nose is somewhat blocked and I remind myself that no, my daughter never goes the number two in the night anymore.

She goes back to sleep, I go back to sleep...until she wakes on a further couple of occasions before her usual wakeup time of 6am. I stumble in and out of her room, still sleep deprived from the previous night, a tad annoyed that this type of thing always seems to happen when my hubby is away for work.

Anyway...fast forward to this morning. I get my little one up..and her nappy is absolutely disgusting, and a rash is starting to take hold on her delicate little behind. In horror I realise that she may have been lying in this filth for EIGHT hours.

Dodgy, dodgy mother alert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home