Friday, February 16, 2007

Toxoplasmosis

So many low risk concerns in pregnancy have been blown out of proportion nowadays:

- Listeria (rhymes with hysteria, if you take sensible precautions with food you're very unlikely to cop this one)

-Toxoplasmosis (people it's ok for a cat to look at you, you'd be so unlucky to contract this and face an agonising wait to see if your unborn child is also affected, and by affected I mean at risk of stillbirth, mental retardation and so forth. Provided you don't eat cat poo hahahaha )

...no wait, scratch that last one.

My cat has just been diagnosed with severe systemic toxoplasmosis following a trip to the vets for a seemingly innocuous eye infection.

I have just had a blood test, and am awaiting test results early next week to see if I have immunity or no immunity to the disease. If it's the latter I have to wait another two weeks to see if I have contracted the disease, as there is an incubation period.

To say I am beside myself is an understatement. Then again, I'm always a winner with the low odds. Ectopic pregnancy, Graves' Disease anyone?

Fuck this shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home