Thursday, December 21, 2006

Public service announcements

  1. The Wiggles rock. We will miss you Greg, however I'll extend a warm welcome to Sam. It's a big skivvy to fill, but you are up to the task (erm that didn't sound quite right did it?). The poo monkey just loved seeing you cheerful blokes on Monday, and we enjoyed the sheer joy that radiated from every molecule of her being. Her exuberance was so infectious: "More Wiggies! More!". And that was just her parents.
  2. Apparently the best time to get promoted is when you are pregnant and totally stressed out with a sick toddler. I was informed that I will be adding a Senior to my job title and $$ to my bank account whilst the poo monkey was running rampage around my office on a post Wiggles high. She sealed the deal by loudly announcing she had done a poo!
  3. The more anxious you are about juggling work and the art of being a mummy, a ridiculous commute and an unreasonably busy husband, the more likely you are to be given opportunities like the above to make you even more conflicted about your life. It doesn't help to be working in a traditionally masculine oriented field, where you have an old boy's network to battle with and only a small number of women to confide in. Bah, I'm just being a sooky lala. Suck it up, sister.
  4. We've gone public re Usurper. Whilst the general reaction has been one of excitement, one naive soul had the gall to ask me if this was another IVF baby. Innocuous seeming enough...but I don't tend to ask friends the date/position of the successful fuck when they announce their pregnancies. Touche I know, but whatever.

And that is all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home