Thursday, October 19, 2006

Serenity now

After a rather hectic week to say the least, I am pleased to report that all is going well with the microdot, in that my thyroid appears to be behaving and I am actually starting to fill out a bra again.

What I am not so pleased to have to discuss is gossip, and why those who indulge in it need to stop. Now. Without naming names, I was rather disappointed to find out that someone has been sharing the fact that mr hissychick and i have done ivf with people outside of the immediate family.

Whilst I am certain that no malice was intended, and I am in no way ashamed of the means by which we are creating our little family, I do not think such personal information is a topic for general discussion within the extended family. I know for a fact that those I have chosen to speak to are people who by their very nature would not tell others. That's precisely why they know.

Put another way: it is up to mr hissychick and I to determine who we disclose this information to, and that it is us who do the telling. What worries me most is that I am sure news of our latest pregnancy has already been broadcast around the country.

And I simply cannot think about that.

It's a common adage that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I disagree. Try gossip. Use your brain cells to think about and discuss other issues, rather than living vicariously through what you think you know about other people.

OK, time to shut up before my cortisol levels shoot through the roof again. One week until scan day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home