Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Testing times

Know this: My MIL is arriving on a week long visit tomorrow evening. My beta is Thursday morning. She knows that I am doing the test. To say that I am pissed off about the lack of privacy at this critical time in the cycle is an understatement. However, it is no one’s fault but mine for sharing cycle details with family. Mine out of necessity so that the poo monkey could be cared for at EPU, mr hissychick’s so that there would be no jealousy or implied accusations of unequal treatment. And I’m the winner. Yay me.

Know this: Life has not stopped following ET. I have had the occasional glass of wine. I have enjoyed several cups of tea every day. I have not taken it easy, work has been busy and the poo monkey has had some broken nights of sleep thanks to a cold/hayfever that won’t go away. In other words I am living life as opposed to waiting for something over which I really don’t have any control. I am tired of fear and fortune telling.

Know this: In absolute contradiction of the above statement, I have been and will be testing each morning until my beta, yesterday being the first time I dipped a stick, when I could be sure that 14 days post trigger shot I wouldn’t be getting the good old hope crushing false positive that are yet another bonus of IVF. The two tests so far have given the same result. But guess what? I’m not telling you a thing until the beta is done.

Poo monkey’s word for the day:
crusty (in reference to the state of her nose).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home