Monday, October 31, 2005

Nine months

It's hard to believe that my daughter is now nine months old...officially passing the line where she has now spent more time on the outside than my insides.
She is scarily independent, pushing my face away when she doesn't want kisses or cuddles. ...which happens more often than not.
She happily gobbles a wide variety of solid food, in particular cheese and arrowroot biscuits, and now almost laughs when I offer her the breast after lunch or dinner.
Where did my baby go ?!

On the other hand...it is so beautiful to see a real little person emerge, with her own temperament, likes and dislikes. Her very own voice, thoughts and feelings which are displayed so openly in her gorgeous little face. It looks like we have a very alert and intelligent one (especially if head size is an indicator)...and one who is quite happy to be more cerebral than physical. Wonder where she got that from?!

I love you my darling ducky, you are a treasure and a wonder to behold. Now would you please start saying mama instead of dadadadadada all day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home