Friday, March 03, 2006

Shocker

It's been a:

stroller tipping*

almost choking**

diarrhea erupting ***

no sleep forthcoming ****

kind of day.

Next !

* Backwards with the poo monkey inside that is- when I stopped at an ATM to get some cash out. Thankfully my girl was not hurt. Think I am going to have to lug out the monster pram even when shopping. Am completely flabbergasted at how easily my stroller went over due to a combination of sloping path, a bit of a breeze...and (ahem) my handbag on the handlebar. We all do it, and we shouldn't. Never again.

** The poo monkey managed to get a double stitched large sequin off a top from a reputable kids' clothing label and put it straight in her mouth. I did not see this actual event (happened in the thirty seconds it happened to be in the bathroom). Thankfully I noticed that she was 'chewing' on something and managed to extricate the offending item in the millisecond before she swallowed it. A certain clothes manufacturer will be getting some rather sternly worded correspondence shortly. I should have thought to remove the sequins from the top myself (it was a gift)...but surely it is the responsibility of the manufacturer to ensure that their product is safe for children to wear... If we dressed our babies as babies rather than mini adults this whole potentially very scary episode would have been avoided.

*** Dimetapp appear to also loosen poo as well as ear and nose goo. Sigh.

**** The poo monkey appears to have given up on daytime sleep in her cot, preferring to crash out for a 30 minute powernap when out and about. Hoping this is a temporary side effect of her current ear and teething mini dramas. Just want my poor little chook to get some rest so she can get better and take on whatever developmental leaps she fancies to master next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home