Thursday, January 26, 2006

Losing it...

...my anonymity that is.

Someone that I know IRL* has come across my blog.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. No one else knows about the existence of my little angsty corner of cyberspace except for my husband, who does not want to know what I write out of respect for me and my personal space. (How lovely is that? Incidentally he also does not care if I write about him, but I choose in the most part not to do so simply because I don't know how I would feel if our situations were reversed).

Anyway I must say my initial reaction was one of pissed off, foaming at the mouth crankiness minor annoyance. My blog does contain some rather personal information about my bub and the effort that went in to making her, information that I don't exactly shout from the rooftops. Especially to people who simply have to have sex to have a baby, damn all you lucky, lucky bastards to hell fertiles . No offense meant, and all that.

Yes I know how that sounds, given that I am writing in a space that is free for anyone with an internet connection to access. Plus it is not exactly hard for people I know to put two and two together to link me to this blog. I could password protect my site, but what's the point in that? One of the best things about blogging are those serendipitous moments where you stumble across a likeminded soul, someone who seems to be able to put into words your thoughts and feelings on an issue or experience, be it infertility, motherhood, politics, the meaning of the universe...

Stuff it, I am not censoring what I write.

It is, however the last time I ever mention to anyone in passing that I blog. Some people choose to be out, I'd rather stay in the closet thankyou very much.

*You know, that place away from the computer where real human interaction occurs and stuff.

[Footnote: The poo monkey is also losing it. Her morning nap that is. I've surrendered the fantasy and we've moved to one big sleep after lunch. So far, so good...except for her birthday party arrangements. More on that another time.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home