Thursday, January 19, 2006

i heart my mother's group

Just had mother's group here at our humble house. Lots of fun for the bubs, and much discussion and laughter for the mums. We're an interesting mix of personalities, and I can unreservedly say that I get along well with most, if not all of these other women who happened to be screaming for an epidural around the same time I did last year.

Anyway...a strange thought occurred to me as I was tidying away the detritus left in the wake of seven crawling and/or walking almost one year olds:

I really enjoyed this gig (double you tee eff ?!)

Perhaps that might seem trivial to you, dear reader, but to me it reflects just how far I've come in the last little while. Not that long ago this kind of gathering would never have occurred at our house, simply because I would have been unable to overcome my anxiety at the thought of it all. What do they think of my house...what kind of mother do I appear to be...do I even like these women?

Ridiculous really, but there you go.

[On another topic: had the poo monkey weighed this week. ELEVEN point SEVEN kilograms. Suffice to say it's very good thing she's finally crawling. Still gorgeous and divine, her tooth and a bit grin is so endearing as is her capacity to understand and use the English language. Who else has an eleven and a half month old who gleefully says poo when you change a loaded nappy? Surely a sign of true genius]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home