Saturday, January 21, 2006

oh! the irony...

Doctor's surgery, Friday afternoon

Me: I'd like a prescription for the Pill

Doctor: So you are planning on spacing your family a bit?

Me: (taking deep breath) Actually this is in preparation for another round of IVF in a couple of months' time.

Doctor: Are you sure? After all, you never know...


And I'm off to my happy place. You know, the one where misguided fools well intentioned people don't infer that a monotubular myrtle and her sperm antibodied to the hilt husband can somehow make good of their approximately ONE PERCENT chance of natural conception when they are good and ready. Hang on a minute, that one percent roughly corresponds to the failure rate of the BCP doesn't it? With that depressing thought I come back to earth

Me: (sighing as I take another approach) Look at my skin. Isn't it simply wonderful to see the wondrous return of mild acne after a magnificent pregnancy and breastfeeding related reprieve? I am just so thrilled to face the prospect of buying both zit and wrinkle creams as my thirtieth birthday approaches....

Doctor: (laughing) : OK, here's your script.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home