Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Seventeen months

What a joy it must be to be seventeen months old, my little poo monkey -although I can't really call you that anymore, otherwise you will follow me around repeating that phrase all day-:

* To dance unashamedly when and wherever the mood takes you, just as you did this morning at library storytime. And let's not forget how well you do the actions to "Rock a bye your bear" (oh lordy, mummy cannot get that song out of her head)

* To sing enthusiastically along to the daggiest of songs, both mummy invented and on the radio. Your current fave is "Feeling hot hot hot", to which you enthusiastically shout " owehoweh'ot, 'ot, 'ot" like some pint sized french exchange student. And let's not forget that perennial Wiggles classic "hot potato". I've never heard such beautiful harmonies.."Tato! Nana!".

* To love and hate your toys with such abandon. You are fixated with bears and bananas in pajamas, and your little "baabee" doll. Not too sure about your Britney Spears method of care for the latter though.

You are undergoing so many changes my little blossom, physically you are blooming into a beautiful little girl and are getting more and more confident with running and doing some climbing. You are very pleased with yourself for being able to turn in a graceful circle when the mood takes you, kind of a toddler pirouette.

Just don't get any ideas about ballet, Mummy is still scarred from her own childhood experiences. But I digress.

You have a vocab that must be in the range of 50-100 words now, and some of them are just too funny, like 'lippy'. You are working so hard on sentences, the other day you said "bear gone" when that ^&** bear song was finally switched off, and you do love to repeat words in threes, like "clap clap clap" and as mentioned earlier "'ot, 'ot, 'ot".

Speaking of numbers, you most certainly have mastered the concept of counting to two. If I grab one of your shoes and say "one", you will find the other and say "two".

Genius at work.

My little princess, I had intended to write so much more, or at least get the chance to edit this post, but alas I must be off as with your single day nap of 1.5 hours there is not much time to get things done. You aren't the only one dealing with feelings of frustration from time to time!

Love you my girl, you are my world.

ETA: How could I have forgotten to mention that you now wait in the morning for a clean nappy, and then you go over to a quiet corner, squat, and once the job is done proudly announce "poo"? I think your mummy is in denial about the up and coming trials and tribulations of toilet training....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home