Saturday, June 02, 2007

Under pressure

Hum along to that famous Queen song, because that's where I'm at baby.

37+3 weeks today, and my blood pressure is on the rise. Literally. From 120/85 last Monday to 135/95 on Friday. Usurper is head down, 3/5 engaged according to Friday's quick scan, which surprised my OB but not me. I'm the one feeling the hiccups in the vicinity of my pubic bone after all.

Another check up scheduled for Tuesday, in the meantime I am to rest and relax. Bit hard with the inlaws here*, an edgy mr hissychick and a demandapuss poo monkey to boot.

My guess is that I will be giving birth sometime this week. Sugar. Honey. Ice. Tea.

Off I go before my heart hammers its way out of my chest cavity.

De de de dedede. De de de dedede.....

*Mixed feelings on this one. Glad that I won't be alone if something happens when mr hissychick is at work, appreciating the help with the poo monkey and around the house...but I feel like I am somewhat of a watched kettle IYKWIM. I need some space. And I need to keep our space in the type of order that calms me, ie I don't need the nursery being used as a guest room, I need to finish setting it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home