Thursday, December 13, 2007

All i want for Christmas is....

...my two front teeth, according to the pixie monster.

Yep, not even six months old and she has her first two teeth*, and it looks like one of the top two is on the way too.

All I want is to not get bitten between now and next Tuesday, when we will reach the major milestone of six exclusive months of the good old booby juice**.

After that my dear, you are most welcome to tuck into a good steak with your new fangs. Just don't ask for a bottle of house white to go with that.

In other news...the girls had a Santa photo done this week. We travelled all the way down the mountain and into the hills district because I wanted to visit the good Santa at a certain department store, one that I knew would not intimidate Cheeky Monkey Girl (the pixie I wasn't worried about, being a second bub she's used to being dropped into the nearest spare set of hands when they're mericifully available).

There we were, waiting in the queue. And waiting. Ditto same.

Then good Santa went on his lunch break.

I decided to forge ahead with our photo session, given that Cheeky Monkey girl is fixated with turn taking and I didn't need a denial of natural justice/ no reward for patience meltdown at the moment.

Shift change Santa was lovely, but he simply wasn't on a par with good (read sneaky) Santa, who would disappear away from nervous kids only to pop back into shot when said kids were distracted.

To cut a long story short, we have our photo. With both kids smiling, albeit in different directions***.

I just need to turn a blind eye to the fact that Santa, with eyes closed has a very precarious one handed hold on the Pixie monster whilst trying to reach with his other hand to stop cheeky monkey girl from escaping over the other arm rest and is only just in shot. At least she stopped the theatrical pout/ finger up the nose for that one nanosecond.

Good luck with the rest of the season Santa. Next year I suspect my two will be even more mischievious. And they will be in cahoots. God help us all.

*Actually they cut through on Dec 1,that's how up to date I am with this blog. Sigh

** Six months old? How the hell did the time go so fast? Note to self, ensure that I also regale our dear friends inside the 'puter with tales of your rolling, feet chewing, tiger like growling and other such genius like developmental achievements.

*** the pixie at me as always- so nice for the ego until they turn agin you in the toddler years, Cheeky Monkey girl at her Nana who was trying to bribe her with the promise of chocolate/ MY inheritance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home