Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Conversations with A

Almost three year olds are endlessly fascinating, combining a heady mix of vastly improved vocabulary with a uniquely endearing take on the world. Some snippets of conversations with A today:

On her upcoming birthday:

"It's my birthday soon. When I was a baby, I turned one. Then I got bigger and turned two. But I'm older now, so I'll be three! Then 4, 5, 6, 7 and, and ...as old as daddy"

When playing shops this morning:

"Hello shop lady, I'd like to buy some milk for the cows on the farm, they're thirsty".

Upon finding out that we had to pick up mr hissychick who had missed his stop and ended up stranded at the next train station:

(To whole neighbourhood as we got in the car) "Daddy! DADDY! We're coming to save you! Hurry up Mummy, ley's get moving and grooving!"

Isn't it lovely to be able to post these thoughts, given that E went to sleep at 8pm and nary a peep has been heard since then?

*************
Thanks again for your input about my blog.

I think I will be going just that little bit more personal in terms of pics and details. Not enough to make you turn your head and look twice should I walk past you on the street...but enough for you to see just how gorgeous my kids are. Not that I am biased or anything.

I will also be jazzing up the site from a technical perspective. It's shocking that someone who used to work in IT could be so lazy in that department.

Most of all I do hope to improve my writing. It's funny, I've always been a science geeky girl and it's only recently that I have really discovered the sheer joy of writing. Being a perfectionist I want to ensure that whatever I post isn't merely a passable record for my children to enjoy in the future, but engaging to my readers as well.

Except for you mr hissychick...so that I can talk about you when you're not looking. Note to self: include the following key phrases in the title of any post that I don't want husband to read: 'let's talk about feelings', 'hissychick family foibles', 'should THAT be happening in my nether regions'...



2 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger Moomykin said...

I really love the saving Daddy part. Kids are just so.. They leave you flabbergasted!

Looking forward to see some pictures on your site.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Looking forward to more posts from wifey instead of reading only hubby's point of view!!

Your kids sound so adorable...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home