Monday, June 25, 2007

One week ago today...

....Evelyn Ruby, aka the Pixie Monster arrived in a great hurry*

She's tiny-at birth measuring 2.9kg, 46cm and a head circumference of 33.4cm- but absolutely perfect**

Will update later, life here is a wee bit stressful at the moment***

* After 48 hours of prelabour, I went into established labour and delivery within one hour, meaning I got the natural birth I so didn't want. Admitted to hospital at 3am with one contraction every ten minutes, at five am I was still one in ten, about ten-fifteen minutes later the contractions were on top of each other, whilst screaming for the drugs I was examined and found to be 9cm dilated and I had her out by 6.02am, one push for the head, which was out by the time the OB arrived and then one push for the body. That's just a wee bit quick. Let's just say I had lockjaw from the gas and mr hissychick is covered in scratches and bruises. Desrevedly so I might add.

** Well except for the damage she has wreaked on my right nipple. Open wide sunshine.

***The poo monkey has been in hospital overnight with rotovirus. She's been sick since the Pixie and I came home. It's a waiting/isolation game to see if we succumb too. Now that is the definition of stress folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home