Friday, June 29, 2007

Booby call

So the Pixie monster and I are currently working through all the challenges that breastfeeding seems to involve. Silly me thinking it would be easier second time around. Well it is- and it isn't IYKWIM.

We seem to have ironed out attachment at last, and we're on the way to getting my monster supply under control (so funny to see the looks on some of the other mum's faces when I was in hospital. Days 1 and 2 saw me squeezing pathetic amounts of colostrum out of B cups, Day 3 I walk into the nursery with swollen milky C cups and by Day 4 I had monster hard fake looking D cups. Woah mama).

Now that leaves my overactive letdown and super speedy flow rate to contend with. I may actually be able to put a top on and leave the house shortly, thanks to the arrival of my booby bibs. I laugh myself stupid at the very concept of breast pads containing my 'leakage'. Hell, I use a bottle/bowl to collect from the opposite side on which I am feeding.

For such a small bub the pixie seems to be determined to face the full force flow and not miss a mouthful. We're currently feeding one boob per feed and little miss is now punching in at 60g above her birthweight on Day 10/11, which is very pleasing indeed. We're only 40 g off the 3kg mark now, she's practically a bruiser!

The poo monkey-much better now and to celebrate this and her new big sister status shall henceforth be known as Cheeky Monkey Girl (CMG)- is aboslutely fascinated by breastfeeding. "Evie having Mumm's booby juice. I used to drink booby juice!" is a common refrain, and she loves to help by holding the towels up to catch any drips from the other boob. God love her.

Anyway must be off to rest. Would love to talk about how after all of this I am still very ambivalent about breastfeeding

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home